For more than 29 years I have been working as a trial lawyer and professional mediator. Being involved in my local community is one of my top priorities. Read below for a description of my professional credentials, educational background, and my involvement in the Boston-area community.
- Northeastern University School of Law (J.D. 1988)
- New York University Graduate School of Arts and Science (M.A. in Politics 1985)
- Haverford College (B.A. in Political Science1983)
- Certified Mediator through Metropolitan Mediation Services
- Member of the Boston Bar Association Solo and Small Firm Steering Committee.
- Fellow in the Boston Bar Foundation Society of Fellows.
- Chairman of the Public Employee Retirement Administration Commission.
- Vice Chair of the Norwell Zoning Board of Appeals.
- Member of the Tufts Medical Center Board of Governors, Chair of the Board of Governor’s Community Outreach Committee and Member of the Board of Governor’s Executive Committee.
- Chairman of the Special Commission To Study the Massachusetts Public Employees’ Pension Classification System, a commission established by a legislative act.
- Past Co-Chair of the Class of 1983 annual giving for Haverford College.
- Past member of the Haverford College Alumni Awards Committee.
- Active in the Haverford College Lawyers Network.
- Past member of the Notre Dame Academy PASS Council.
- Moderated panel regarding Retirement Systems Best Practices for PERAC 13th Annual Emerging Issues Forum on Sept. 13, 2017.
- Moderated Panel regarding Firm Administration and Finance for Boston Bar Association Practice Launch Workshop held on November 17, 2017.
Honors and Awards
- Elected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® since 2013 in the fields of Appellate and Commercial Litigation. "Best Lawyers is the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession. A listing in Best Lawyers is widely regarded by both clients and legal professionals as a significant honor, conferred on a lawyer by his or her peers."
Rated AV Preeminent® (5.0 out of-5.0) by the Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™. "AV Preeminent® is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Also, "[t]he Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ help buyers of legal services identify, evaluate and select the most appropriate lawyer for a specific task at hand. Lawyer ratings serve as an objective indicator that a lawyer has the highest ethical standards and professional ability and are used by buyers of legal services to justify their hiring decisions.
Selected as a Massachusetts Super Lawyer each year since its inception in 2004, an honor that recognizes him as a leader in the legal community. "Super Lawyers is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The selection process includes independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations." Moreover, "[t]he final published list represents no more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state."
- Listed in Super Lawyers National Business Edition 2015.
Admitted to practice in:
- Commonwealth Of Massachusetts
- United States District Court For The District Of Massachusetts
- First Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Supreme Court